Sunday, May 5, 2013

Training update – Sunday May 5, 2013


The weather couldn’t have been any nicer this whole week; nothing but blue skies and hot temperatures... but that didn’t stop me from wearing a long sleeved running shirt with a sweater over top. Yes it was hot, but training like this will help me prepare for the hot temps in Badwater. Up until this week I have been running on nothing but pavement because the Badwater Ultramarathon is a road race. However, this week I started running on trails once again. I will be running in the Sulphur Springs 100 Mile (trail) race on May 25th .

Today was great! I started running at 5:40am and went until 12:20pm for a total of 60km. The trails at Dundas Valley, which is where the Sulphur Springs race will be held was beautiful. I saw 13 deer as well as many other animals which were out and about. The course was dry and as I said before the weather was great. I love running on trails and enjoyed getting back to them this week. Here is the breakdown of my running this week.


Day

Distance

Mon April 29,2013

19.3

Tue April 30, 2013

12.1

Wed May 1, 2013

14

Fri May 3, 2013

14

Sun May 5, 2013

60

Total

119.4km

 

Until next time… Happy running!

1 comment:

  1. Good very good ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    hard to continue giving Alex.
    I'm controlling haha

    ReplyDelete